What is Pilates?
Pilates is such a large subject, and the practices within it are always evolving as we learn more about the capability of the body. Briefly put – there are 6 main Principles of Pilates that are highlighted in our movements, and these are all worked on at some level, during every session. A focus of any Pilates session is to raise awareness of non-aligned areas that may be due to injury, sitting for long periods of time or just natural bad posture and that puts the spine out of its natural position.
My Pilates Qualifications enable me to present a structured session that is beneficial to everybody, those new to Pilates and those with experience. I like to offer variety and to challenge when appropriate, to make my classes accessible, fun and dynamic
- Body Control Pilates (BCP) Level 3 Mat-Work Instructor
Future Fit Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Mat-Based Pilates
- Specialist Diploma in Mat Pilates
- Pilates for Common Orthopaedic Conditions
- Pilates with Small Equipment
- Pre and Post Natal Exercise Award
Cobham Academy for Teachers
- HIP Pilates Matwork (High Intensity Pilates)
Pilates exercises are all mind-body integrative exercises, and I always highlight that the sessions are about you as an individual, and for you to listen to what your body is telling you it can and cannot do.